Love How You Look & Feel
Medically-Supervised Weight Loss Program in Akron
FDA-approved Weight Loss Injections in Akron
- Doctor Prescribed Semaglutide and Tirzepatide
- Personalized Nutrition and Lifestyle Support
- Accountability Coaching
- Weight Loss Resistance Testing
Weight Loss is Complex. Let us simplify it for you.
Fad diets and one-size-fits-all programs DO NOT work.
That’s why instead of just prescribing a pill, we address the root cause of your weight loss resistance with our personalized, medically-supervised weight loss program in Akron.
No waitlist – No insurance needed
- Precision dosing – prescription tailored to your needs.
- Safe sourcing from certified pharmacies
- Upfront pricing, no hidden fees or upcharges
- Maximize results with accountability coaching + nutrition and lifestyle support
- Licensed functional + integrative medical providers
What Your Plan May Include
Weight Loss Injections
Change the description to say Semaglutide and Tirzepatide can help lower inflammation, regulate digestion, enhance metabolic function, decrease appetite and reduce the likelihood of cardiovascular disease.
Lifestyle + Nutrition
Our providers offer guidance on healthy lifestyle and nutrition along with dietary supplements to benefit long-term weight loss.
Addresses healthy habits and the psychological relationship to food to ensure success, maximize results, and offer transformation and breakthroughs.
Weight Loss Resistance Tests
To target the root cause of your resistance, tests may be performed to check hormone and thyroid levels, genetics, metabolic health, and more.
Fat cells hold on to toxins that can prevent weight loss. Our medical detox program can remove toxin build up and resets your gut health.
We offer a variety of peptides to accelerate weight loss, improve muscle growth and suppress appetite, increase energy, and more.
Why You Can’t Lose Weight
Many underlying factors can contribute to weight loss resistance – and a majority of diets, supplements and weight loss plans fail to address this – but we do.
- Hormone imbalance
- Poor gut health
- Chronic illness
- Toxin build-up
- Stress and too much cortisol
- Lack of sleep
- Slowed metabolism
Start losing weight today!
Submit your information below and one of our Patient Concierge Team Members will reach out to you.
It can be very frustrating when you’ve tried everything to lose weight or are suffering with other health conditions that prevent you from losing weight.
The prescription weight loss medication GLP-1, the active ingredient in Wegovy and Ozempic, has shown to be an effective option for individuals struggling with obesity and weight loss resistance. It could be just the solution you’ve been waiting for!
GLP-1, the active ingredient in Ozempic and Wegovy medications for type 2 diabetes, has been proven effective in helping people safely and effectively excess weight.
Forum Health does not prescribe Ozempic specifically but instead offers a comprehensive personalized medical weight loss program that may include recommendations for GLP-1, liraglutide, tirzepatide, tesofensine, naltrexone, Amlexanox, Canagliflozin, or Sermorelin.
Ozempic’s active ingredient is GLP-1 – a medication that belongs to a class of drugs known as glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists (GLP-1 agonists). While initially developed for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, GLP-1 has also been found to be effective in promoting weight reduction.
There are several ways in which this effective injection for weight loss may contribute to helping people shed the extra pounds:
- Appetite suppression: A GLP-1 injection can help reduce appetite and increase feelings of fullness, which may result in reduced calorie intake. It acts on specific receptors in the brain that regulate appetite and food intake, leading to a decreased desire to eat.
- Slowing down stomach emptying: The weight loss injection GLP-1 can delay the emptying of the stomach, which helps to keep you feeling full for longer periods after a meal. This effect can lead to a reduced overall calorie intake.
- Modulating the reward system: GLP-1 may influence the brain’s reward system, reducing cravings and the desire for high-calorie foods. By altering the brain’s response to certain foods, it may help individuals make healthier food choices and consume fewer calories.
- Effects on insulin and blood sugar levels: GLP-1 improves insulin sensitivity and promotes better blood sugar control. By reducing insulin resistance and stabilizing blood glucose levels, it can help regulate appetite and decrease excessive food intake, thereby supporting weight loss.
It is important to note that GLP-1 should be taken under the guidance of a healthcare professional, and its use should be accompanied by a healthy lifestyle that includes a balanced diet and regular exercise. Individual responses to medication can vary, so it’s essential to consult a healthcare provider for a personalized medical weight loss program that offers advice and supervision.
Tirzepatide is an injectable peptide medication approved to help Type 2 diabetics control blood sugar. It mimics the hormones GIP and GLP-1 critical for regulating appetite, modulating fat utilization and decreasing food intake overall. The medication has received FDA Fast Track designation to speed up its application for weight loss; however, doctors are using it off label in medical weight loss programs.
Tirzepatide mimics the action of two different gut hormones – GIP and GLP-1 to help:
- Lower blood sugar
- Slow down the movement of food from the stomach
- Regulate appetite
- Modulate the utilization of fat
- Make you feel fuller for longer
Both peptides work in similar but different ways. They’re in a class of medications known as GLP-1 agonists meaning that they mimic the hormone GLP-1 which is involved in blood sugar control and digestion.
Tirzepatide, however, mimics a second hormone called GIP, which plays a vital part in targeting receptors to inhibit caloric intake and stimulate satiety in the hypothalamus to give a sensation of fullness. With GLP-1 and GIP working together, Tirzepatide may offer patients greater blood glucose control and weight loss results.
You may start feeling the effects after your first dose and should begin experiencing weight loss within the first two weeks of your program. However, everyone’s weight loss journey is different and how much weight you have to lose will determine the duration of your program. However, once you reach your target dose you will see the most amount of weight loss.
A recent clinical study showed the use of Tirzepatide achieved up to 15.7% weight loss in participants with obesity or excess weight in an 18-month trial. The research also revealed patients who took Tirzepatide showed a significant improvement in their blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure levels.
It is important to keep in mind that weight loss can take time, and you’ll see the best results when you are using your medication in combination with a healthy diet, exercise, and the support of a health coach.
You cannot buy GLP-1 or Tirzepatide without a prescription. Obtaining a prescription for either through a licensed medical professional is critical to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the medication. There are specific dosing guidelines to help prevent side effects and promote effectiveness in helping you to lose weight, so it’s not as easy as going to your local convenience store and purchasing it over the counter.
One great part of the Forum Health program is being able to provide precision dosing, to provide the best weight loss results and the least amount of side effects. You need to go through a medical provider to determine if you are a good candidate for this weight loss medication, then receive your prescription for the injections, and finally begin your weight loss journey.
No - neither is a type of insulin or a substitute for insulin. Both simply stimulates your pancreas to release insulin when glucose (sugar) is present. Because GLP-1 and Tirzepatide rely on your body’s own insulin to be released from the pancreas, they aren’t used when your pancreas can’t make insulin, such as in patients in type 1 diabetes.
No, neither is a stimulant. While other weight loss medications, like phentermine, have stimulating effects that help curb your appetite, GLP-1 and Tirzepatide work differently. This means that it is safe for more people, especially those with high blood pressure, sleep issues, anxiety and more.
Both are administered as a weight loss injection in the stomach
Click here to find a Forum Health provider near you or contact us at 855-796-9645 to learn more about pricing.
There are many online pharmacies prescribing weight loss peptides without the support and root-cause approach to care that you need to truly succeed. Here are a few ways our program is different from what you might find elsewhere.
- Precision Dosing – tailoring your prescription to your individual goals and needs.
- Safe sourcing – dispensed from certified pharmacies
- Upfront pricing – no hidden fees or upcharges
- Increased success with accountability health coaching
- Nutrition and lifestyle support for long-term results
- Expert, licensed functional and integrative medical providers