Is your gut trying to tell you something?
At Forum Health Akron, we recognize the importance of informed healthcare. A vital element of your well-being involves uncovering potential gastrointestinal issues that could be contributing to persistent and unexplained symptoms. Your health journey begins with understanding, and our commitment is to empower you with the knowledge necessary for optimal digestive wellness.
Why should you have a Gastrointestinal Effects Test?
Gastrointestinal Effects Testing evaluates gut microbes and assesses a select set of biomarkers, providing insight into the root causes of symptoms such as gas, bloating, indigestion, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and constipation. By understanding the state of your gastrointestinal tract, your Forum Health provider in Akron can create a plan that helps heal your symptoms and return you to full health.
What does the test measure?
Forum Health’s Gastrointestinal Effects Test is a comprehensive stool test designed to assess various aspects of gastrointestinal health. The test provides insights into persistent digestive symptoms and the suspected underlying causes.
Common Parameters Measured:
- Digestive Function
- Microbial Balance
- Inflammation and Immunology
- Absorption Markers
- Intestinal Health Markers
- Bacterial and Mycology Culture
When Should You Consider This Test?
A Gastrointestinal Effects Test may be conducted for various reasons, depending on the context of symptoms or health concerns. Here are some common situations in which a test might be warranted:
- Detect underlying causes of digestive issues such as bloating, gas, diarrhea, constipation, or other gastrointestinal symptoms
- Diagnose and monitor Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Diagnose and monitor Celiac Disease
- Identify allergies and intolerances to specific foods
- Identify gastrointestinal infections such as those caused by bacteria, viruses, or parasites
- Diagnose malabsorption disorders such as lactose intolerance or malabsorption syndromes
- Identify precancerous polyps or early-stage colon cancer
- Evaluate chronic conditions like diabetes or autoimmune disorders that can affect the gastrointestinal tract
- Screen for health risks such as a family history of gastrointestinal conditions
How We Utilize This Data to Optimize Your Health
When an adrenal disorder is identified, your Forum Health provider can personalize a treatment plan with targeted therapies that fit your body’s unique needs.
Your provider will test various aspects of your gastrointestinal health and consider factors like diet, environment, and lifestyle.
Based on your results, our experienced providers craft a customized plan to reset your body and support your overall digestive health.
We’re with you every step of the way, monitoring your progress, and adjusting as needed to ensure your journey to health is a success.
Don’t let persistent gastrointestinal symptoms compromise your health. Listen to your body and take control of your well-being by contacting Forum Health Akron today!